Exciting New Initiative from AGTA!
The AGTA Executive Committee are excited to announce a new travel award to support an AGTA members’ attendance at the Advances in Genome Biology and Technology (AGBT) general meeting (12th – 15th February 2018) in Orlando, Florida.
The AGBT annual meeting brings together technology, software, applications and data resources. It provides a forum for exchanging information about the latest advances in sequencing technologies, experimental and analytical approaches for genomic studies, and their applications.
The AGBT conference is attended by over 800 people with representatives from around 70 Universities and 280 companies making up the delegate list. The conference is often oversubscribed, necessitating a ballot system to obtain registration.
The AGBT organising committee have specially reserved a place for a representative from AGTA to attend.The $5,000 travel award will cover the successful applicants meeting registration fee (which includes accommodation) and return economy flights to Orlando.
To apply please complete the online application form. The terms and conditions of the travel award are below. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 1st December 2017.
Terms & Conditions:
- Applicants must complete the application form in full.
- Applicants must be resident in Australia or New Zealand.
- Applicants must be current members of AGTA. You can renew your membership here.
- PhD students, laboratory/facility managers, postdoctoral researchers, group leaders/laboratory heads, research assistants/technical officers may apply.
- Applicants must be and affiliated with a university, research institute or other not for profit organisation.
The successful applicant will receive reimbursement of up to $5,000 for:
i) return economy flights from their city of residence to Orlando Florida.
ii) the AGBT registration fee which includes accommodation.
iii) any ground travel to and from airports.
- Tax invoices must be submitted to AGTA for all expenses.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for all other expenses incurred during their attendance at AGBT.
- The successful applicant is responsible for obtaining relevant visa, travel documents and travel insurance.
- The award is not transferable.
- The successful applicant agrees to communicate back to the Australian genomics community any major announcements/releases from the AGBT conference.
Applications close on the 1st of December 2017 at 5pm. Late submissions will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be announced on the 15th of December 2017 on the AGTA website and other social media.